I did well at work (poker) today. I was not compelled to play, unlike the past couple of weeks. I went in there with Discipline, Patience, and I played my Position very well. I was on the clock for about 4 hours and I received a 500% return on a $200 buy-in No Limit table. Not bad for half a days work.
Overall I'm still down and at times I thought to myself, while I had $1200 in chips sitting in front of me, if I should continue. Perhaps I would have broke even after the entire months losses if I had doubled up, once, just once! Or perhaps, I would have walked away with a 100% loss for the day, adding to the previous months catastrophe.
I know I made the right move leaving the table with 2 full racks. Boy oh boy were the other players pissed to see me go...
This game is such a grind, but I feel so much better playing during the day, after a meal with some caffeine in me. I'm so much more attentive and aware, my reading skills are stupendous, and I come out a winner! No more late night red-eye sessions for me. If I'm tired I'm not playing, and that's that!
Peace for now...
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment