There is nothing more profound and of lasting consequence than the decision to have a child.
There is no challenge greater,
no test of your marriage more intimidating,
no task more rewarding than to raise a child.
This test grinds you like a drill seargent ten fold.
Determined to break you down,
physically,
mentally,
emotionally,
spiritually,
and every other which way that may exist.
But, it's not enough.
Only death might stop me.
Might, in the case that all we're left to do is lie and rot.
If there is an alternative we're not aware of,
that I discover after my current bodied life,
I will keep going.
I will win,
I will succeed,
I will endure,
I will survive.
I'm a survivor.
My people are survivors.
The will is ingrained.
The instinct, innate.
If you're going to try,
go all the way,
otherwise, don't even start.
If you're going to try,
go all the way,
There is no other feeling like that.
You will be alone with the Gods,
and the night will flame with fire,
you will ride life straight to perfect laughter.
It is the only good fight there is.
Friday, June 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment